[Koha] Batch record modification

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 20:43:31 NZST 2024

Hi

IIRC, Koha's batch modification tool does not work with the MARC21 control
fields (i.e. 000 - 009).

However, since you only wish to switch the value of a single position in
the leader, you may be able to do it.

For example, to update the 17th position of LDR (Encoding level) to "2"
(full level, material not examined) for biblionumber 1 you could do this:

UPDATE biblio_metadata
SET metadata = UpdateXML(metadata, '//leader', CONCAT('<leader>',
SUBSTRING(ExtractValue(metadata, '//leader'), 1, 17), '2',
SUBSTRING(ExtractValue(metadata, '//leader'), 19, 6), '</leader>'))
WHERE biblionumber = 1;

cheers
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg