[Koha] Library Membership Agreement

BRANNON, CHRISTOPHER CBRANNON at cdalibrary.org
Tue Jun 18 06:42:39 NZST 2024

I agree, you could probably achieve this with the patron attributes.  Upload the agreement in Koha and make available publicly, and put the link to that agreement next to the attribute.  Probably the easiest solution.

___________________________
Christopher Brannon
IT Coordinator

702 E Front Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
(208)769-2315 Ext. 456
cbrannon at cdalibrary.org
www.cdalibrary.org
Keep tabs on us at:

I don't think that is possible to do exactly what you want at the moment.

A workaround could be to use the "Patron attribute types" (Koha administration > Patrons and circulation). Create some fields to record whether this was completed or not.

You may be able to use the uploads tool (Tools > Additional tools >
Uploads) to upload a scanned version of your membership agreement. However, I haven't used this tool to any great extent, and I'm not sure how you could link it to the patron.

More tricky, and would require developing a plugin, would be to create a plugin with a custom consent - see Bug 31503 - Allow several consent types on the consents tab of OPAC account page (23.11). I image this could work similar to the privacy policy consent (see the PrivacyPolicyConsent system
preference) that requires patrons to agree to the privacy policy consent in the OPAC. However, this isn't something I have any knowledge or expertise with.

I think your best bet, unless anyone else has some other ideas, is to use patron attributes.

David Nind
New Zealand