[Koha] Library Membership Agreement

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Sat Jun 8 10:11:40 NZST 2024

I don't think that is possible to do exactly what you want at the moment.

A workaround could be to use the "Patron attribute types" (Koha
administration > Patrons and circulation). Create some fields to record
whether this was completed or not.

You may be able to use the uploads tool (Tools > Additional tools >
Uploads) to upload a scanned version of your membership agreement. However,
I haven't used this tool to any great extent, and I'm not sure how you
could link it to the patron.

More tricky, and would require developing a plugin, would be to create a
plugin with a custom consent - see Bug 31503 - Allow several consent types
on the consents tab of OPAC account page (23.11). I image this could work
similar to the privacy policy consent (see the PrivacyPolicyConsent system
preference) that requires patrons to agree to the privacy policy consent in
the OPAC. However, this isn't something I have any knowledge or expertise
with.

I think your best bet, unless anyone else has some other ideas, is to use
patron attributes.

David Nind
New Zealand