[Koha] Background jobs stuck at "New" and can't be kick-started

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Oct 13 10:23:14 NZDT 2022

Hi all,

We're having some problems with background jobs and hoping we can get
some advice.

Running Koha 22.05.05, we have 25 background jobs stuck at New. Some are
batch item record modifications, some are holds queue updates.

I've tried restarted rabbit-mq and the koha-worker but it hasn't seemed
to pick up the jobs, using these commands:

$ sudo koha-worker --stop <sitename>
$ sudo service rabbitmq-server stop
$ sudo koha-worker --start <sitename>

$ sudo koha-worker --stop <sitename>
$ sudo service rabbitmq-server start
$ sudo koha-worker --start <sitename>

The biblionumbers and itemnumbers that the jobs are trying to affect are
all legitimate records in the database.

Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions from the community.

--
*Aleisha Amohia (she/her)*
Koha Technical Lead

*Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company*
Tel: +64 4 499 2267 | www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.