[Koha] Importing Authority Records without Renumbering

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:59:20 NZDT 2021

Hello, everyone!

    My library is migrating our Koha ILS to a new machine. We are now ready
to upload the authority and bibliographic records. I tried a test upload of
the authority records, but I was surprised and disappointed when in the
upload of the authority records, the authority record number was changed.
The change reflects the deletion of duplicate and merged authority records
we have found in recent months.

    Needless to say, this cannot stand because the bibliographic fields
that are connected to a specific authority record through $9 subfield will
end up connected with a different authority record.

    Case in point: In the current database, I made a dummy author named Sam
Loesser, and Koha automatically assigned him authority record #197. In the
test database, Sam is assigned authority record #190 instead when the
record is imported.

    I have to admit I'm using the Import (Stage ... and Staged ...) Tools,
not the Perl script. Maybe the Perl script has a switch to force such
record assignment. I don't know; I'm just asking.

    Is there a way to fix this, i.e., is there a way to force the authority
record uploader to assign the authority record number that is in the 001
field of the incoming authority record?

    Thanks for your help, everyone.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.