[Koha] Report help needed

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Thu May 28 11:43:24 NZST 2020

Excerpts from Michael Sutherland's message of 2020-05-27 16:59:50 -0400:
> CASE SUBSTR(metadata,282,2)

I tried this myself, and it does seem to work.  But I worry that
the 282 value might not be correct in the future, should the XML
format of the metadata change even slightly.  In particular,
the XML header has a field called xsi:schemaLocation that contains
a URL that might change someday.  I could very wrong about this,
though; perhaps the format really is stable.

This does the same job and seems less obscure (to me, anyway):

  substring(ExtractValue(metadata, '//leader'), 7, 2)

But perhaps it's not as fast?  I'm not a MySQL expert by any means.