[Koha] Fwd: [EXTERNAL] Re: Self-service hardware question

Chad Roseburg croseburg at ncrl.org
Thu May 14 09:37:02 NZST 2020

We used old computers with Elo touchscreens at our branches. For software,
we used Chrome or Firefox in kiosk mode.
For touchscreens, I bumped up the size of the buttons and layout using
Koha's JS and CSS system prefs.

I think we ended up using Chromium or Chrome in kiosk mode -- I had issues
with firefox. I used Debian for this and I think Fred's idea of using a
Rasp. Pi ( latest ) would work great with Chrome/Chromium in kiosk mode.
We've used a Pi for a digital display kiosk -- again, with Chrome in kiosk
mode, but any cheap hardware should work fine.

Windows would work too.  We used PWB on Win 2000 from
https://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/ for many years ( pre-Koha migration
) as a Windows-based public catalog kiosk solution but there are probably
many alternatives today.

Chad

Chad Roseburg
Assoc. Director / IT