[Koha] Self-service hardware question

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed May 13 04:01:27 NZST 2020

Hi Lisa,
Any old PC or laptop is suitable for running Koha's self-check module
provided it has an internet connection (of course) and an up to date web
browser. A port for plugging in a barcode scanner is nice and it sounds
like you also want to connect a cheap printer. The module is well
documented in the manual.
This module is not as robust as the dedicated self serve stations from
major suppliers but it's big bucks cheaper. We found it works best where
trust and competence are higher. That is, it's better for corporate
situations than in education - staff are more reliable (often) than
students. Print out reset instructions and paste them on the wall.
I hope this helps,
Bob