[Koha] Cataloging SIG this Thursday

Hernandez, Heather H Heather_Hernandez at nps.gov
Tue Jun 2 07:11:24 NZST 2020

Hi!

For the next Koha-US Cataloging SIG meeting, this Thursday, June 4 @ 8 am – 9 am PT (9 MT/10 CT/11 ET in the United States), we're continuing our discussion of building a catalog without OCLC, and we're going to try something a little different!  Before the SIG, I suggest viewing this free ByWater video on Koha's Z39.50 settings & use (10:31 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZHekLGWxA We'll chat about it!

To encourage an open discussion, this session will not be recorded--please feel free to join us, turn on your video, unmute your mic, and ask questions and chime in--as usual, we welcome participants presenting if they'd like to!  I will take notes and circulate the notes afterwards.  Anything that comes up that looks like a good opportunity for a recorded video will be repeated at a later meeting, or recorded and shared separately.  As ever, please feel free to send questions, topics, etc., to me ahead of time at heather_hernandez at nps.gov

Information on joining the meeting here: http://koha-us.org/event/cataloging-special-interest-group/?instance_id=4507
You don't need to be a member of Koha-US to join in--the meeting is open to all!

Other topics we'll consider:
--The process illustrated in the May meeting for using MarcEdit to verify authorities and download authority records actually seems correct.  My troubleshooting and others' has shown that sometimes authority records are downloaded, sometimes they're not--we don't know why.  Let's discuss!

--What's a "good enough" bibliographic record?

Cheerio!
h2

Ms. Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov<https://webmail.lmi.net/src/compose.php?send_to=heather_hernandez%40nps.gov>
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/