[Koha] Frameworks and Their Purpose

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:18:17 NZST 2020

Hello again, all!

    In an earlier exchange, on 7 July 2020 at 09:51, I wrote:

    I do have a follow-up question: Is it possible in Koha to change a
framework
> of a group records en masse? For example, if I have a group of 747 maps
> (949 $c = "MAP") but their framework is BKS, can I change the framework
> to MAP through Koha in one fell swoop (and if so, how so); or must I
> painstakingly change them one at a time?
>
>     I have tried exporting them into MarcEdit and importing them anew into
> Koha while selecting "Import this batch into the catalog" with "Add new bibliographic
> records into this framework:" (select from the dropdown menu), but the
> framework for each record remains as it was before the exporting and
> importing.

    On 6 July 2020, at 21:14, Eric Bégin <eric.begin at inLibro.com> replied:

> As far as I know, there is no way to change the records framework in batch
> editing.
>
> If I had to do it, I would update the data directly in the database.
>
> The framework is defined as the 'frameworkcode' column of the 'biblio'
> table.

    I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.