[Koha] German community library project needs help

Franz Dietrich dietrich at teilgedanken.de
Tue Oct 1 08:55:29 NZDT 2019

Hey there,

I'm in Germany (Stuttgart) I recently migrated our schools library to koha.

I think the biggest problem why koha might not be what you are lookin
for is that it is relatively hard (in not librarian speak) to add
entries. So while it is easy when familiar with Library systems it is
rather hard to figure out what to put where, when you just want to add
four books, the drilling machine and the badminton set.

Other than that the basic setup is easy. Just follow the instructions ;)

installing ubuntu linux on a machine:
(german)
https://www.heise.de/download/blog/Ubuntu-fuer-Einsteiger-Download-und-Installation-3641146?hg=2&hgi=1&hgf=false

or rent a VirtualServer with linux e.g. at contabo. (faster
internetspeed, always on)

installation instructions for koha:
(german)
https://zefanjas.de/wie-man-koha-installiert-und-fuer-schulen-einrichtet-teil-1/

hope that helps
I can also try to help you but Stuttgart is a long way from you ;)

Franz Dietrich