[Koha] German community library project needs help

Bob Elgie bob.elgie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 07:41:17 NZDT 2019

> Hi Bastien,

Greetings from Ontario!

You say that you're not an IT expert and that you do not have a linux
server.

I suggest that you have a look at LibraryThing's TinyCat
<https://www.librarycat.org/>, a product that is aimed at small libraries.
Because it is browser-based, no additional hardware is necessary and the
technical management is minimal.

In your situation as you describe it, building a bibliographic database in
Koha could be challenging. Because LibraryThing already has amassed a large
database and also has the facilities to import from many other databases,
data entry in your distributed situation would, I expect, be more
manageable.

It's an interesting project you have in mind. Best wishes!

Bob Elgie