[Koha] [EXTERNAL] Export / import fields to MARC records

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Thu Nov 28 05:24:40 NZDT 2019

Hi Scott,

[cue dramatic music]

This sounds like a job for...

[trumpets]

MarcEdit!

Seriously, this is one of the things MarcEdit was made for. You can export in .mrc format, convert it to text with MarcBreaker, then use one of the tools to modify the fields. Then compile the records back to MARC, upload, and

[cue strings]

Viola! You're finished. See https://marcedit.reeset.net.

To everyone celebrating it tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving! Or Happy Thursday.

--Fred

Fred King, AHIP
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
--Albert Einstein (attrib., probably incorrectly)