[Koha] Barcode Troubles

abrazier at buttepubliclibrary.info abrazier at buttepubliclibrary.info
Fri Mar 1 11:50:51 NZDT 2019

Hello all,

Newbie here. Decided to reach out to the community regarding something
happening here at our library in Butte, Montana.

We've been using version 18.11 with little to no issue for a month or
more but something recently happened. While editing items that are being
added to our collection, when we click in the field (p - Piece
designation (barcode)) which we have always had set to (autoBarcode:
generated in the form 1, 2, 3) we are no longer getting the barcode we
expect to see.

We suspect it is now going back to barcodes that once belonged to items
that are now deleted (because, that earlier barcode is now available).
This doesn't work for us and we are trying to determine how to tell Koha
that we'd like to start at barcode# X. So that we can move forward with
X+1, X+2, etc.

Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank-you,
Allen Brazier