[Koha] Patron anonymization problem

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Sun Jul 14 04:35:22 NZST 2019

Hi, Katrin.

The old_issues tables are very similar, but the data on our test server
are from a backup done a couple of weeks ago. In particular, a batch
patron anonymization was done recently on the production data.

When I do this SQL query

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT borrowernumber) FROM old_issues;

on the production database, the number returned is 230. This is exactly
the same number that Koha reports would be anonymized using today as the
cutoff date.

The same query on the test server returns the number 756. However, the
batch anonymization tool reports that 0 patrons would be anonymized,
again using today as the cutoff date.

Initially I suspected it might be a bug, but I've looked at the demo
system from ByWater listed at < https://koha-community.org/demo/ >. It's
nearly the same version as our test system, and the anonymization tool
reports the same number of patron records as the SQL query.

So, I'm perplexed at this point. Thanks!

Andy

On 7/13/19 10:01 AM, Katrin Fischer wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> does your old_issues table in both installations have the same data?
>
> Katrin
>
> On 12.07.19 21:22, Andy Boze wrote:
>> I'm getting ready to upgrade our Koha server to version 18.11.04.000.
>> The server is set up and right now we're running it with a copy of our
>> production database (which is currently on v 17.11).
>>
>> When testing the batch patron anonymization, the response I get is
>> that "0 patron's checkout histories will be anonymized". I used
>> today's date as the cutoff. I ran a report on the old_issues table,
>> and there are 230 distinct users (not including, of course, the
>> anonymous user).
>>
>> I would assume that the batch anonymization tool would also report
>> that there would be 230 checkout histories to be anonymized. It does
>> report that number on our 17.11 production server.
>>
>> I'm wondering whether someone might have an idea what could be wrong.
>> I've checked Koha Bugzilla, but I don't see anything relevant there.
>> Are others experiencing this issue?

Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
University of Notre Dame
271H Hesburgh Library