[Koha] Export database to koha and installing Koha

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Jul 1 05:14:32 NZST 2019

Hi Paula,

I am afraid there is no direct way (export-import) to migrate your
Winisis database to Koha.

Koha expects MARC records for bibliographic records and authorities. The
good part about this is, that MARC is a clearly described standard.
Patron data can be imported in Koha using the patron import tool and
'spreadsheet' data (CSV).

if you search for Winisis and Koha you will find that your problem has
come up on the mailing list quite a few times before. This older mailing
list thread might be helpful:

https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2017-December/049500.html

You will want to finish the web installer and set up the database tables
and basic configuration before importing any data.

Hope this helps,

Katrin