[Koha] Installation from Source Code

Franz Dietrich dietrich at teilgedanken.de
Mon Dec 9 19:05:11 NZDT 2019

It is quite possible but a lot of work... I think it would be easier to
carry the server to an internet access install and setup everything then
bring it back to where it is supposed to run.

because else the sourcecode is only the first bit. You are needing all
the dependencies like SQL, PHP, etc. In addition to that you need all
development packages if you are building from source.

So if it must be without internet I would setup a similar ubuntu with
internet access and install koha on it carefully noting everything that
has been installed and then download all those packages manually
transfer them to the server and install them there. - but still it is
rather unlikely that you will manage to install the server without
internet in case of problems (especially since this seems to be your
first koha install).

Another variant would be to create a virtual machine on a computer with
internet. Setup everything on the virtual machine and then transfer the
virtual machine to the target.

hope that helps.