[Koha] Warning about patron relationship problems?

Cindy Murdock Ames cmurdock at ccfls.org
Thu Dec 5 05:39:10 NZDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a test instance of Koha with my libraries' data, originally 19.05
but I upgraded it to 19.11 yesterday, so I don't know if this message was
there before as I just noticed the warnings of potential problems on the
About page under the System Information tab (nice btw!), and I have the
following notice there:

The following values have been used for guarantee/guarantor relationships,
but do not exist in the 'borrowerRelationship' system preference:

ARRAY(0x55f2846812d0)

What does that ARRAY warning mean?  Here's my original values in
borrower_relationships.relationship:

+--------------------+
| relationship        |
+--------------------+
| parent/guardian   |
| grandparent        |
| tss                     |
+--------------------+

And here's the values in the relationship field in borrowers:
MariaDB [Koha]> select relationship, count(*) from borrowers group by
relationship;
+--------------------+----------+
| relationship        | count(*) |
+--------------------+----------+
| NULL                 |    34031 |
| grandparent        |     161   |
| parent/guardian   |     5552 |
| tss                    |       11   |
+--------------------+----------+

With the exception of NULL, those are the values in the
borrowerRelationship syspref, separated by pipes (|).  I thought maybe the
slash in "parent/guardian" was the issue, so I tried changing it to "parent
or guardian" but the ARRAY(0x55f2846812d0) warning is still there.  What on
earth is it? I googled and looked in the bug list but didn't find anything
pertinent.

Thanks all!  And thanks for 19.11!

Cindy

Cindy Murdock Ames