[Koha] COURSE and Course Reserves

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Apr 15 00:02:26 NZST 2019

Hi Carlos,

COURSE is not an 'official' authorised value in Koha (one that Koha
knows about). That means it's not tied to any functionality in Koha and
can't be automatically populated with values.

If you want a search feature in the OPAC, it should work without:

You could use a public report listing the id and course name. Then you
can build your drop down using the JSON data from the report. Your code
could be added to any of the HTML preferences Koha has, depending on
where you want it to appear. It needs a bit of knowledge in Javascript
and HTML, but it's doable.

If you want the users to select their course in their patron account, I
think the best way would be to maintain the COURSE authorised value for
a patron attribute manually for now.

Hope this helps,

Katrin