[Koha] Customized XSLT stylesheets for more than one language

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Nov 16 10:55:05 NZDT 2018

Hi

Our library has two Koha instances. For one of them we need to customize
the XSLT stylesheets used for the detail page - for this instance we
need to have our own detail page in English (en) and our own detail page
in German (de-DE).

According to
https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/en/html/02_administration.html#opacxsltdetailsdisplay
I tried to do the following under Koha 18.05 in my own demo installation:

* I created the files
"/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/MARC21slim2OPACDetail-CUSTOM.xsl"
and
"/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/de-DE/MARC21slim2OPACDetail-CUSTOM.xsl"
using the original stylesheets but just making some slight changes for a
start (for example writing "XXXEdition: " instead of "Edition: " which
works without problems when changing the standard file) ...I also tried
using other paths but to no avail...

* In Koha system preference "OPACXSLTDetailsDisplay" I entered
"/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/{langcode}/MARC21slim2OPACDetail-CUSTOM.xsl"

* I restarted Koha using "service koha-common restart"

* I also restarted the Apache HTTP Server using "service apache2 restart"

However, when searching the OPAC in the normal view the actual details
won't show up at all anymore, just the tags, the stars and the holdings
table of the respective record; MARC view and ISBD view show the data is
there. There seems to be something wrong when using paths, even when not
using {langcode}... And it also doesn't work when using an external URL
like http://adminkuhn.ch/download/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl

Has anyone done this before, how can this actually be achieved? What am
I missing?

Best wishes: Michael