[Koha] Unable install SUDO

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 07:04:37 NZDT 2018

Hi takan

The error about "could not get lock" may mean that you have another package
management tool running (perhaps a graphical tool?). You will see a similar
error if you're not running the command as root.

BTW I don't think you really need to use sudo to install Koha. For example
instead of doing:

$ sudo koha-create ...

you could get a root command prompt with

$ su -

and then simply run those privileged commands directly:

# koha-create ...

Regards,

Chris Brown