[Koha] Exporting Excel data to MarcEdit to Koha help request

Matt Rose library at halswaymanor.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 01:48:36 NZDT 2018

Hi folks,

I have spent many weeks attempting to install a Virtual Mac on my PC so that I can run Koha. Koha finally works but I find I can't export my data via MarcEdit. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

It does not like my Excel Sheet Name.  I am following this guide:  Importing Excel data into Koha:

http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/marceditexcel.html

On page three, when I enter into Excel Sheet Name box: libsys (or any name for my .xls file) I get a long error message that says: "System.Data.OleDbException (0x80004005): $ is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that is it not too long." etc

Any ideas?

many thanks,

Matt  library at halswaymanor.org.uk