[Koha] Help with funding the koha-community.org webserver (also short outage for Linode free upgrade!)

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 7 11:22:31 NZST 2018

Further to that, I do mostly keep the work on the website separate from
the work I do for Catalyst. That excepts the occasional urgent apt or
wordpress upgrade that has to happen during working hours, or urgent
help requests from members of the community in relation to working with
the website.

I'll try to figure out a way to make a nice "cost sheet" for the ko-fi,
I've added the most recent invoice from Linode so far. Sorry, I know
PayPal sucks but I like the model for ko-fi better than patreon or
direct transfers - much better for one-offs or little funding drives and
easy to keep transparent. Don't get me wrong, if you want to send a
direct transfer I'll try to facilitate your contribution as best I can. :)

That said, the server is paid for this year, and for next year (and a
little on top)! Well done team (thanks again so very much)! I'll hang on
to the money you've sent and spend it next year when I get the next invoice.

Also a hazard notice: Linode is upgrading your server ('cause hey, you
paid for it!) by migrating it to a new virtualhost with MOAR DISK and
MOAR RAM, they expect a ~20 minute downtime while they do this. That
will happen sometime today, don't panic (rather, let me do the panicking
for you).

Kia ora rawa atu,
Liz Rea