[Koha] Hindi books

takan bhatt takan.bhatt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 01:22:45 NZST 2018

Sir / Madam

I think the simplest solution lies if title of the document / item is
entered in a custom field in Original Script and this is also indexed and
become searchable.. and OPAC is configured in a such a way that, the "title
in original language" become visible.

because people here can read roman script but while searching, they are not
able to spell correctly in roman.

But this issue must be discussed widely here in India where, Roman and
Devnagari script is widely used. Beside these, Bangla script is useful for
Bangla as well useful for Assamese languages. Rest, Tamil, Telugu,
Malayalam, Kannada, Gurumukhi(Punjabi), Gujarati and Arabic-Urdu scripts
are used widely in publication. Dogri script is similar to Arabic-Urdu
script... So this issue must be considered.

Thanks all for sharing ideas.

Rajesh Bhatt