[Koha] A more complete report on lost documents

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Feb 28 23:23:12 NZDT 2018

Hi Vanda Koha

You wrote:

 > *The following error was encountered:* The database returned the
 > following error:
 > You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
 > corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use
 > near 'FROM items i LEFT JOIN biblio b ON
(i.biblionumber=b.biblionumber) LEFT JOIN b' at line 6
 > Please check the log for further details.

I omitted some errors and then tested the following SQL statement using
the Biblibre demo installation of Koha 16.11 (
http://intranet-demo.biblibre.com/ ) and it reported no more errors:

SELECT i.itemnumber, b.title, b.author, i.itemcallnumber, i.barcode,
v.lib,
ExtractValue(bi.marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="205"]/subfield[@code="a"]')
as Edition,
ExtractValue(bi.marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="210"]/subfield[@code="c"]')
as Publisher,
ExtractValue(bi.marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="210"]/subfield[@code="d"]')
as Date
FROM items i
LEFT JOIN biblio b ON (i.biblionumber=b.biblionumber)
LEFT JOIN biblioitems bi ON (i.biblioitemnumber=bi.biblioitemnumber)
LEFT JOIN authorised_values v ON (i.itemlost=v.authorised_value)
WHERE i.itemlost != 0 AND v.category='LOST'

In the demo insrtallation no matches were found but in your own database
this would be different, I guess.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes: Michael