[Koha] koha stop working after enabling plack

Alvaro Cornejo cornejo.alvaro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:57:02 NZST 2018

Hi

I´m trying to enable plack on my instance but Intranet and Opac hungs after
restarting apache.

This is what I´ve done:

aco at Celacp:~$ sudo koha-plack --enable biblioteca
WARNING: koha-plack requires some Apache modules that you are missing.
You can install them with:

    sudo a2enmod proxy_http

Plack enabled for biblioteca
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo a2enmod proxy_http
Considering dependency proxy for proxy_http:
Enabling module proxy.
Enabling module proxy_http.
To activate the new configuration, you need to run:
  service apache2 restart
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo service apache2 restart
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo koha-plack --enable biblioteca
Plack enabled for biblioteca
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo koha-plack --start biblioteca
 * Starting Plack daemon for biblioteca
     [ OK ]
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo service apache2 restart

>From here, if I try to access OPAC or internet it taked forever to load any
page

when stopping plack:
aco at Celacp :~$ sudo koha-plack --stop biblioteca

I get:

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request *GET /cgi-bin/koha/about.pl
<https://biblioteca-admin.celacp.org/cgi-bin/koha/about.pl>*.

Reason: *Error reading from remote server*

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at biblioteca-admin.celacp.org Port 443

  after apache restart I get:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at biblioteca-admin.celacp.org Port 443

I need to disable plack and restart apache to recover the intranet and opac

This is my koha version:
Versión de Koha: 17.05.05.000
Versión del SO ('uname -a'): Linux 4.15.13-x86_64-linode106 #1 SMP Tue Mar
27 14:42:14 UTC 2018 x86_64 Memcached is dissabled

Any ideas of what can be happening?

Regards,

Alvaro