[Koha] Mapping MARC21 to Advanced Search

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Tue Aug 14 01:52:16 NZST 2018

Hi Rubén!

In the manual, there is a kind of mapping section for searches that
gives you the indexes for each marc field:
https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/en/html/searching.html#koha-search-indexes

If you want to know what index is used for each search limit, you can
make a search in Koha and look in the breadcrumbs for "Search for
'...'". This will give you the index used for the search. For example,
if I search with Danish in the language limit, it returns 'ln,rtrn:dan'.
According to the manual, the 'ln' index is mapped to 008, position
35-37, and 041.

I hope this helps.

Maybe it could be more explicit in the manual. I will look into that!

Caroline

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.S.I.
Bibl. prof. / Chargée de la formation et du soutien

Tél.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com <mailto:caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>