[Koha] Mapping MARC21 to Advanced Search

Rubén Fernández Asensio enseikou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:52:11 NZST 2018

Hello all,
I'm trying to plan the cataloguing requirements for our Esperanto
library, and since we don't have to follow any other library's
standards, we don't want to type more that strictly needed. My goal is
cataloguing according to the information our own users will be able to
retrieve from the Koha OPAC, no more, no less.

However, the mapping of MARC21 fields to Advanced Search Options seems
to be undocumented.

For example, what field is used to search by language or publisher
location? Why the "Content" option doesn't match character 33 of field
008? In the search field, what's the exact meaning of "Subject and
broader terms", "Subject and narrower terms", "Subject and related
terms", and "Curriculum"? Where are you supposed to input that when
cataloguing?

Sorry if my questions are naive, I'm just an amateur sysad and amateur
librarian working in my spare time for a nonprofit.

Rubén Fernández