[Koha] Problem with migration from KOHA 3.20 to 16.11.11

Przemek Kosiński p.kosinski at biblioteka24.eu
Mon Sep 18 21:22:41 NZST 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the hints. This explained a lot to me.
The data transfer attempt was made only for testing. I tested how
migration works and whether there will be problems. Now I know what to
expect.
I plan to migrate data to KOHA 17.05 on Ubuntu server 16.04 in the near
future.

Thank you and best regards
Przemek

W dniu 15.09.2017 o 15:31, Jonathan Druart pisze:
> Paul,
>
> I am sure you understood what I meant: the Koha debian packages are based
> on Jessie (and so Ubuntu 16.04).
> We had problems with Apache versions (2.4) and other Perl libs that were
> not packaged/packagable easily for Wheezy.
> Debian packages are generated by only 1 guy (Mirko) and developers are
> (almost) all working on the same system. Same for the CI, we only run tests
> on Ubuntu 16.04 and Jessie. If someone need Wheezy support (or any other
> linux distro support), they can contact us and propose their help.
>
>  From the wiki page:
> """
> As of November 2016, the Debian packages for Koha are based on Jessie
> (Debian 8). Xenial (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) is based on Jessie.
> That means Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is no longer supported.
> """
> + http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2016-July/042874.html
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 at 20:38 Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-09-14 09:51 AM, someone wrote:
>>
>>> Note that Ubuntu 14.04 is not longer supported.
>>
>> Please note that Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is supported until April 2019 --
>> <https://www.ubuntu.com/info/release-end-of-life>. Koha tends to be very
>> pro-active with enhancements (a potentially marvelous thing) but
>> possibly might leave stable operating systems in the dust.
>> --
>> Paul
>> Tired old sys-admin
>> [just celebrated 78 years of life, 62 years of FORTRAN, and 58 years of
>> COBOL]
>> [now ducking the inevitable flames]
>> [ ;=} ]
>> [still running Koha 3.8.24 on 14.04LTS as a reference, non-lending,
>> library at very respectable speeds on copper wire]

Powiatowa i Miejska Biblioteka
Publiczna w Skarżysku-Kamiennej
www: www.biblioteka24.eu
mail: p.kosinski at biblioteka24.eu