[Koha] Installing Koha on LInux Mint VERSION="18.1 (Serena)"

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Mar 1 10:30:29 NZDT 2017

On 2017-02-27 06:19 AM, Daniel F. Twum wrote:
[snip]
>I had to increase Timeout in the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf to
>  myusbpc-XPS-8700 koha_ofosualibrary # grep Timeout /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
> # Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
> Timeout 6000

Did you "down-grade" MySQL to 5.5 / 5.6 or change to MariaDB? How big is
your database, and how much memory was available? An hour and three
quarters seems inordinately long, although a lack of multi-core
threading might be a cause. Did this spill over into swap?

Ref. point for us is that any MySql op that lasts for more than a couple
of seconds (with 16 Gigs RAM on reasonably fast 8-core systems) is
suspect as being badly coded.

Mint, per se, shouldn't be a stumbling point -- it's only a desktop, and
should have minimal impact on the underlying Debian/Ubuntu system.

Best - Paul