[Koha] Z39.50 encoding problem (tested on 2 koha servers)

anjoze joseanjos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 03:10:26 NZST 2017

Here is the result:

Locale is the same on both servers:
LANG=pt_PT.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=pt:pt_BR:en
LC_CTYPE="pt_PT.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=pt_PT
LC_TIME=pt_PT
LC_COLLATE="pt_PT.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=pt_PT
LC_MESSAGES="pt_PT.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=pt_PT
LC_NAME=pt_PT
LC_ADDRESS=pt_PT
LC_TELEPHONE=pt_PT
LC_MEASUREMENT=pt_PT
LC_IDENTIFICATION=pt_PT
LC_ALL=

*SERVER1*:
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8mb4                    |
| character_set_connection | utf8mb4                    |
| character_set_database   | utf8mb4                    |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8mb4                    |
| character_set_server     | utf8mb4                    |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

*SERVER2:*
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                       |
| character_set_connection | utf8                       |
| character_set_database   | latin1                     |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8                       |
| character_set_server     | latin1                     |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

Shouldn't be Z39.50 independent of Mysql schema?
This way I will always have problems connecting to other Servers because
they have different Mysql schema's.
I've tested with my Server1 and Server2  andI have problems with characters
when I connect to other public servers.
So, if I must have the same database schema to be able to get the right
characters, probably I will never have a Z39.50 working right or I need to
have lucky.

-----
Koha version: 	16.05.05
       - -