[Koha] Z39.50 encoding problem (tested on 2 koha servers)

Tajoli Zeno z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu Jun 29 01:54:32 NZST 2017

Hi,

with those results I think that your problem are based om MySQL setup.
Login into mysql command line and do:
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%char%';

In my Unimarc setup (Koha 3.20.7, Debian 8, Mysql 5.5) the result is:
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%char%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                       |
| character_set_connection | utf8                       |
| character_set_database   | utf8                       |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8                       |
| character_set_server     | utf8                       |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+

Server1 has the same result of Server2 ?

An other possible source of problem is 'locale' setup.
In my server
koha at debian8:~$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

As you see there are much more '.UTF-8' that in your 'locale'.

On the topic:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Encoding_and_Character_Sets_in_Koha

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Zeno Tajoli
/SVILUPPO PRODOTTI CINECA/ - Automazione Biblioteche