[Koha] Slightly OT: Cataloging Comics

Bruce A. Metcalf bruce.metcalf at augustansociety.net
Sat Jul 8 08:13:38 NZST 2017

On 07/07/2017 01:15 PM, Chad Roseburg wrote:

> We are going to be carrying comics again.
>
> Anyone with experience they'd be willing to share? Comics are very fragile
> compared to most materials and seem hardly worth the trouble as far as
> cataloging. Do you catalog them as an individual item or go generic?

This question has arisen -- not about comics, but about a wide variety
of other items over the years -- and the final decision of the libraries
I've been with has always been, "If it's worth shelving, it's worth
cataloging."

Of course, there have been times when information about the _cost_ of
such cataloging has influenced the decision to shelve.

Regards,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf
Augustan Society Library