[Koha] WG: Introducing myself, adress administration, and accessibility

Andrea Katemann Katemann at blista.de
Sat Jan 28 00:28:34 NZDT 2017

Hello
I am the head of a special library for blind and visually impaired people. We lend audio books and books in braille. The books are sended in boxes in Germany and also abroad. We think about introducing Koha. We like the program because it is quite customizable, because you can get many statistics information and because it has a magazin administration, and we have heard that quite a few libraries are now working with this system and a good exchange is possible. Now I have two questions:
1. As already said we are mainly a shipping library. For this reason We need more than three addresses per customer. We have so far understood that you can create three addresses in Koha. Is it possible to expand the program by the way that you can create 6 to 8 addresses per user?
2. In our library also work blind and visually impaired employees. First tests from Koha have shown us that the system is quite usable for this clientele. We assume that there is still need for adjustment. Would it be conceivable that our ideas on accessibility would be assured in the further development of Koha?
I'm looking forward to understanding questions and ideas to our situation.
Kind regards
Andrea

Andrea Katemann
Leiterin der Deutschen Blinden-Bibliothek
Deutsche Blindenstudienanstalt e.V. (blista)
Postfach 11 60, 35001 Marburg
Tel.: +49 6421 606-0, Direktwahl: -405, Fax: -476
E-Mail: katemann at blista.de
Internet: www.blista.de

Pflichtangaben: www.blista.de/sc/impressum.php