[Koha] Koha MARC Tag - Table of Contents

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Feb 23 10:50:36 NZDT 2017

Hi

>> You should ask Insead how they set that up, there is no way for us to
>> know how they are doing full text searching.
>> To me it doesn't look like they are, they just have a pdf attached.
>> But they will be able to tell you
>
> A very quick look would appear to suggest that they have a full 505$a
> (that is "hidden" from the client browser, but is present in the "page
> source"), and then an 856 $u and $z for the .pdf.
>
> Perhaps guesswork on my behalf, and I have no idea what "alchemy" (css?,
> js?) might be in the background, but from a MARC point of view appears
> fairly straightforward.

When looking at the given URL:

http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=83836&query_desc=kw%2Cwrdl%3A%20marketing

I see the following:

1. Instead of showing the actual URL (MARC 856 $u) or the link text ($y)
they just show a PDF image - this can be coded in the original XSL file
(I've done something similar with Antolin images, look here:
https://opac.treuchtlingen.de/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=13327
) - the image then links to the actual PDF file (
http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/pdf/83836.pdf ) which is better
readable than the content of MARC 590 $a

My own code in "MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl" looked like this, just as an
example:

<xsl:when test="contains(marc:subfield[@code='u'], 'www.antolin.de')">
   <xsl:text>Antolin </xsl:text>
   <xsl:element name="img">
     <xsl:attribute name="src">/opac-tmpl/<xsl:value-of
select="$theme"/>/images/antolinrabe.jpg</xsl:attribute>
     <xsl:attribute name="style">vertical-align:middle</xsl:attribute>
     <xsl:attribute name="height">25</xsl:attribute>
     <xsl:attribute name="width">25</xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:element>
</xsl:when>

2. To me it seems in fact not the PDF file is indexed but they just
extracted (maybe even by copy & paste) the content and inserted it into
MARC 590 $a as you can see here:
http://librarycatalogue.insead.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=83836
- of course like this MARC 590 would just be indexed like any other MARC
field, so there is no need to find a way to index the PDF file. (Well,
I'm not sure if MARC 590 is indexed by default, but this can be
configured in Zebra)

Maybe this helps?

Best wishes: Michael