[Koha] Is it possible to reserve available books?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Feb 3 09:13:58 NZDT 2017

Hi Josef and Vikram

> yes it is possible, we use it in our library, you have to set "On shelf
> holds allowed" parameter in circulation rules.
 >
 > then librarians could be informed by e-mail (but this send all added
 > reserves not only the available ones) or just few times a day check
 > the pending reserves page (it's what we do)

 > It's possible. You just need to update circulation policy and hold
 > policy.

Thanks for your answers! I have set up a circulation rule accordingly
and now I'm actually able to place a hold on an available book and the
hold can be seen in the user account.

After that I do also see the book in the list "Holds to pull placed
between 31/01/2017 and 02/02/2017" with the following explanation: "The
following holds have not been filled. Please retrieve them and check
them in." But in fact the book was not checked out so I cannot check it
in, of course.

I don't see how to "pull" the book, so it would move to the list "Holds
awaiting pickup"...

What am I missing?

Best wishes: Michael