[Koha] Does Koha has a web service API or search API for searching books on different input parameters

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Dec 5 06:45:19 NZDT 2017

Hi Prachi,

Koha's SRU protocol implementation is probably the closest thing to a
search API:
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.05/html/18_miscellaneous.html#using-the-sru-server

That manual page also describes other web services that Koha provides but
none are specifically search. Is there a reason why searching on the Koha
website couldn't fulfill your client's needs? I must admit I don't really
see the value in designing an app to accomplish something that the website
already does.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE

Systems Librarian

libraries.cca.edu | vault.cca.edu | 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618

1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Preferred Pronoun(s): he/him