[Koha] Question regarding PayPal payments in OPAC

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Tue Aug 29 07:09:01 NZST 2017

Hi, all. I've configured PayPal in the OPAC in my test environment and
I've been testing in the PayPal sandbox. I'm wondering if there's anyone
else using the feature who might be able to answer a question.

Is it required that the merchant account be enabled as a PayPal Payment
Pro account? I'm assuming that it does, but I'm hoping someone can tell
me definitively.

If I set up a regular business account from the developer console,
whenever I try to submit a payment in the OPAC, I get the following message:

**
We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this
time. Please go back to merchant and try using a different payment method.
**

If the merchant account is configured as a PayPal Payment Pro account,
the payment submits successfully.

I've never used a PayPal business account before, and I'm finding
PayPal's documentation a little confusing. It appears that the Payment
Pro account is needed to work with Koha, but I'm afraid I may have
simply misconfigured something when I set up the account in PayPal.

I'm using Koha 16.11.06, if that makes a difference.

Thanks. I'll appreciate any advice.

--
Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
University of Notre Dame