[Koha] Import holds?

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Aug 16 00:55:57 NZST 2017

Excerpts from Katrin Fischer's message of 2017-08-15 12:47:45 +0200:
> holds information is stored differently in every ILS and at the moment
> there exists no generic tool to import holds into Koha. For a migration
> you could try to map the data you get out of Mandarin to the columns in
> Koha's reserves table and then use a script or SQL to fill it. It can be
> useful to place a few different holds in Koha first to see what data is
> required/set by Koha itself.

Thank you.  That makes sense, and I was already thinking of doing
something like this.  But there aren't a large number of holds, and it
might be less time-consuming to enter them manually than to study the
database tables and write the script.