[Koha] Impossible to renew items

mpw wyneken at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 1 01:07:29 NZST 2017

I'm running Koha version 17.05.01 on Debian 8.8.

I'm setting up a new library. I have checked out eight books.  In the
renewable column they are all listed as "Not renewable (0 of 0 renewals
remaining)".

Several people have suggested removing all the circulation and fine rules
and creating a single rule the holds for all patron types and all item
types. For example here:

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/All-items-quot-not-renewable-quot-td5925467.html#none

I've tried that several times but none of the tries ever made any
difference. Right now I only have one rule:
Patron category - All
Item type - All
Current checkouts allowed - 20
Renewals allowed - 3
Renewal period - 14
Automatic renewal - no

Since somebody in the above mentioned thread said that this might be a bug,
I opened a bug report but they referred me back to this list because it's
supposedly just a configuration problem.

I have set the option that enables the "Override renewal limit" checkbox so
I can trick the system into renewing books, but that's just a workaround and
I'd like to get to the root of the problem.

I've been going around in circles here for well over a week. Can anybody
point me in the right direction?