[Koha] Update on Coce cached cover images

Craig Butosi craig.butosi at rcmusic.ca
Thu Apr 13 12:02:40 NZST 2017

Hi Agnes, all,

Fantastic news on this front. I had no idea Bywater was doing hosting a Coce instance (very cool, and a big thank you!). We are very happy with our local Coce server; though, as Galen pointed out on his blog, it is another service to monitor in addition to Koha. Not really an issue if you have the staff and resources, but can be if you don't. I think we may give the Bywater server a test run. Thanks for posting this.

I've been thinking more and more about Coce and how it could also be adapted to non-monographic items, like, in our case, sheet music. Arguably a very difficult trajectory, but it would be beneficial for all those libraries that hold a music collection and it seems that music vendors have cover the images. I wonder if there's a way we can take advantage of the ISMN number for this purpose. Has anyone thought about this, implemented this?

All best,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons.)
LIBRARY SERVICES MANAGER
the royal conservatory
TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning
273 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON  M5S 1W2
416.408.2824 x338
www.rcmusic.ca