[Koha] Adding an Authority Type in Koha

Charles Quain csq at interleaf.ie
Mon Sep 5 20:55:11 NZST 2016

Dear All,

I am adding authority control to the 752 tag in a Koha instance. This is a hierarchical place name with the $a= country or larger entity and $d= city

The system is on release 16.5

I have followed the instructions in the koha wiki: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Create_new_authority_type
It is mostly working: The authorities are created and they link back to the biblio record correctly (the $9 is populated. etc). The authority is searchable when adding an authority.

The one thing I am having a problem with is that when searching in the auth_finder.pl popup the system only displays the $a in the result list. I need the $d to make sense of the list, as that is where the actual place name is, otherwise all you see is a list of countries.

In an author search it will happily show a $a and $d and the same for subject headings.

I suspect that I have missed something somewhere, so any advice on where to look would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks

Charles S. Quain
Director

Interleaf Technology