[Koha] Considering upgrade to Koha 3.22 AND jessie (debian)

Jesse A Lambertson jlambertson at sqcc.org
Wed May 11 02:51:03 NZST 2016

Hello,

We are currently operating a .deb package install of koha 3.20 on wheezy.

It is a fully operational catalog sans public interface.

But we are about to polish the design of the OPAC to release publicly
and I would like (if possible) to update the server to jessie and koha
to 3.22 (which would also be a package install) before we finish that
design.

I have a few questions about this process and what kinds of challenges
people are running into

1. Does anyone know how soon 3.24 will be released? I am wondering if it
is worth it to wait until 3.24 is released as stable and update then.

2. When the update of the server AND koha happens at the same time, for
what types of issues should I be on the lookout? I know I will need to
do a backup/mysql dump beforehand:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Backing_up_Koha

3. I have been told to ask if we can update koha to 3.22 without
updating the server at the same time. What are the pitfalls of this
half-update VS a total update of server and koha?

If you have questions about my questions, please ask them.

Thank you to everyone in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Jesse

--
Jesse A Lambertson
Librarian
jlambertson at sqcc.org
عالم الانجازات ينحاز دوماً مع المتفائلين