[Koha] Translating books from excel to marc format

Deb Vincent library at tggsacademy.org
Wed May 11 00:25:50 NZST 2016

Hi all
I am using MarcEditor to translate our existing book collection from Excel
to marc ready to import into Koha. I have read lots of instructions on how
to add 952 fields so that all existing item data will be carried across,
such as barcodes etc.

I currently have the 952 fields in different columns in Excel with the
headers : 952 \\$a | 952 \\$b | 952 \\$o | 952 \\$p | 952 \\$v | 952 \\$y

The data in these columns is, for example
TGGS | TGGS | FIC | 0000220 | 3.50 | BK

Would I be right in thinking I need this data to be all in the same column
in Excel before trying to translate into marc?
If so, would the header be something like 952 \\$a;$b;$o;$p;$v;$y ?
If this is right, would I also separate the data in the cells with a semi-
colon? eg TGGS;TGGS;FIC;0000220;3.50;BK

Sorry for all the questions. It will save me a lot of time, ultimately, if
I can migrate our existing book collection across in this way, rather than
having to add this data individually, but this is all new to me and I
don't want to make any silly mistakes.

Thanks for your help!