[Koha] Arabic Language Index/Search in 3.22 & 16.05

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Jun 14 23:12:24 NZST 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 11:53:00AM -0400, Jesse A Lambertson wrote:

> We are having troubles getting the Arabic language indexing to work on the
> 3.22 dev/test instance (ICU is on, we followed this:
> https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Correcting_Search_of_Arabic_records

It may be worth trying without the mods to words-icu.xml. You should be
able to search in Arabic using ICU "straight out of the box" without
those customizations, sometimes transformations in words-icu.xml can
have unexpected consequences. If basic searching works you could then
look at which rules may be having consequences for you.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,