[Koha] [ByWater Partners] OT: Makerspaces and soldering

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jun 9 04:22:45 NZST 2016

Odd coincidence, I just spent a day in a workshop soldering (making a
crystal radio, cutting edge technology from the middle of the last
century).  There were 50 people (from teenagers to 70 somethings) with
soldering irons happily working away. No burns or other injuries, and we
also did not set off the smoke alarms.
One thing you will need to consider is the wiring for the space.  Make sure
it can handle the requirements of any equipment that will be in use.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Christopher Davis
> <cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov> wrote:
> > You might want to float your query at
> > <http://lists.ala.org/sympa/subscribe/lita-l>,
> > <https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=web4lib&A=1>, or
> > <https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=CODE4LIB&A=1>.
>
> And for a forum focused on makerspaces, there is also the mailing list
> of the LITA Maker Technologies Interest Group:
>
> http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/lita-makertech
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
> Equinox Software, Inc. / Open Your Library
> email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366
> skype:  gmcharlt
> web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
> Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
> http://evergreen-ils.org

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)