[Koha] ISBN search results

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Fri Jun 3 04:12:35 NZST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Bear with me, this message is kind of long. I just ran the "List of
all normalized ISBNs" report found at
<https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#List_of_all_normalized_ISBNs>.
I then took the results of this report to search for the titles to
which the ISBNs belong. When I search for the ISBNs using the ISBN
filter on the the staff interface of Koha as well as the OPAC
interface, Koha could not find most of the ISBNs; however, when I run
a keyword search for the ISBNs, I find many more of them. Why?

My current theory is that the ISBN filter search cannot reconcile the
normalized ISBN which the "List of all normalized ISBNs" report
produces. My theory is more of a "facts which support the theory" kind
of theory, so I could be completely off on it. Your thoughts?

TIA,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library