[Koha] Introduction + problem on user side in arabic

Starks india.starker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:57:21 NZDT 2016

Hi Everyone,My name is India Starker and we are considering using Koha for a
small library of 1000 books for a theatre group in Afir, Algeria.  I am a
semi-retired (lol) engineer, speak French and English, not Arabic and *not*
a librarian. I learned that MARC existed yesterday. ;-)

I just installed Koha 3.22 for testing on an Amazon  EC2 cloud servier
running Debian 8 Jessie.  I added both French and Arabic before the web
installer as explained  here
<http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Installation_of_additional_languages_for_OPAC_and_INTRANET_staff_client#Adding_additional_languages_after_installing_Koha_on_your_server>
.

admin at ip-172-31-27-82:~$ sudo koha-translate --install fr-FR
admin at ip-172-31-27-82:~$ sudo koha-translate --install ar-Arab
I chose French during the install and installed all the available data (such
as templates).
It all went swimmingly (the second time, since the first time I hadn't
installed the languages) except on the user side in Arabic: The intranet
(admin) displays fine in all three languages and I am delighted to find
French categories of borrowers ready to go.But when you choose Arabic on the
login page for borrowers (the OPAC), I get this:

Template process failed: file error - parse error - masthead-langmenu.inc
line 2-5: unexpected token (%<li)  [% IF ( ( opaclanguagesdisplay )
&& ( ! one_language_enabled ) && ( languages_loop )
&& ( OpacLangSelectorMode == 'both' || OpacLangSelectorMode ==
'top') ) %<li class="dropdown">  / <#> / اللغات **
 [% FOREACH languages_loo IN languages_loop.sort('rfc4646_subtag') %] at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Templates.pm line 121.
What should I do?(I have temporarily unchecked Arabic for opac languages in
system preferences.)
Thanks in advance.If anyone wants a user/pass just ask.