[Koha] [Koha-devel] RFC: Circulation Rules Interface and Backend Revamp RFC

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 8 09:50:41 NZDT 2016

I'd like to see a test mode where you can scan a borrower and an item,
and it will tell you which rule applied.

Cheers,
Liz

On 08/01/16 09:12, Jesse wrote:
> The backend and frontend of the circulation/policy rules in Koha have been
> extended and stretched to the point where they cause a fair amount of
> issues and frustration. Many librarians and developers are uncertain when
> default rules are applied, and the very large number of possible settings
> makes the interface and backend unwieldy.
>
> Full details for our intended solution can be found at the link at the
> bottom of this email, but here's the gist:
>
> Instead of having one database row with all settings for a given
> library/category/itemtype, allow each setting (checkout length, fine
> amount, holds allowed, etc.) to be specified separately.
> Rework the interface to more clearly show the specificity of
> default/specific rules, and allow for this new database model.
> Accomplish the above incrementally by gradually changing APIs.
>
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Circulation_Rules_Interface_and_Backend_Revamp_RFC
>
> Any and all comments are appreciated. Development on this project has been
> fully sponsored, and we are looking to start work later this year.

Liz Rea
Catalyst.Net Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House,
150 Willis Street, Wellington.
P.O Box 11053, Manners Street,
Wellington 6142

GPG: B149 A443 6B01 7386 C2C7 F481 B6c2 A49D 3726 38B7