[Koha] Error creating "default" data during fresh install

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu Dec 22 22:54:59 NZDT 2016

Hi Steve,

>  I've installed a fresh Koha instance using the "oldstable" packages on
>Ubuntu 16.04 and MySQL.

>Anyone know what might be causing this and how to recover/move on?

The real problem is your version of Mysql (5.7).
Koha doesn't work with it.
You can do this:
1)Drop the database created by install

2)Insert in your /etc/mysql/my.conf:

[mysqld]
sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Source:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/811831/whats-the-correct-way-to-revert-mysql-5-7-strict-mode-back-to-how-it-was-in-5-6

3)Recreate the database (same user, same password, same database name)

4)Redo web install.

I suggest you to do those operations with your IT support.
But ATTENTION !! Be careful. I don't test those instructions.
so I don't know if they could create problems instead of resolve them.
An other user use them and he report an OK

Test them before in spare server.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli